Monday 7 May 2007

Weekend pass

Well it has been wonderful! I have slept in a proper bed and have eaten BBq lamb and steak.I have even had wine. Funnily enough a glass seems to assist with getting up the stairs, makes me worry about them less.I have not been out of my mum's house - apart from going into the garden - since my arrival on Friday. The main reason for this is that I can get around the house without the wheelchair, it has been lovely not to see it and have the feeling of more independence. I am now however stiff as a board, I have walked more this weekend than in the last 8 weeks put together. Getting quite nifty on the zimmer!
Today is Andrew's birthday,it will not be his most memorrable. He has had to work and this evening we will go for a meal.Our choice of eating venue is no longer governed by where we want to eat and what style of food we are in the mood for, we now choose places by their disabled access and facilities.You would have hoped that in 2007 this would be a huge choice - this is sadly not the case. Disabled access and disabled facilities are two different things. What's the point of going somewhere for a drink and a meal that has a ramp for a wheelchair to get into the building but then a flight of stairs to the toilet.We will be gracing one of the local pizza chains. Oh the glamour!!

No comments: