Tuesday 29 May 2007

Pikey Nike

I'm back in the hospital today after 4 nights in my own bed ..... Andrew had to work Sunday and Monday but my sister was drafted in to "Melly Sit". This mostly involved drinking tea with me and assisting with cleaning. Andrew has actually done an amazing job of keeping the house pretty spotless, but me being me, I was only happy once I had cleaned it. Hoovering while attempting to balance on a walking stick whilst having only one properly working hand was something of a challenge. I may yet decide to embrace dirty carpets. Especially as I currently have to wear shoes indoors as the splint that prevents me falling over my own toes has to sit in shoes, well to be precise trainers.
Which brings me to the weekends biggest frustration. I'm pretty upset about having to always wear the splint - and the accompanying trainers. At the moment I can only wear the one pair of trainers. A real nasty light blue and silver pair of Nike's that I bought in the sale to wear to the gym, figuring that it did not matter what I looked like in there. Little did I imagine that I would be stuck in them all day every day so had given little thought to how they may look with my jeans. Not good. So, the weekend saw me trying to purchase a slightly "cooler" pair of trainers. Nothing fitted over the splint, or if it did they hurt my feet like hell. Not only am I currently stuck in the pickey nikey there is also to obvious worry of what the hell to do when they wear out!!!
The physio's have today taken pity on me and my trainer plight.(They are girls and understand the shoe thing) Tomorrow we are attacking the cause of the need to wear the splint. They will ultra sound my calf to try to identify the exact muscles that are over active and holding my foot with the toes pointing down. Once these have been isolated the offending muscles will be injected with Botox. This will weaken the calf muscles and will then give the muscles on the front on my ankle a chance to become strong enough to lift my foot. Before the botox wears off.... Well that's the plan, if not at lease I will have a lovely wrinkle free leg!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'd love a bit of Botox.

If it's any consolation, I wear the same pair of trainers day in, day out. Life's too short for fashion...

fingers and shandy said...

Mmm Botox. you can always try slipping of the table as they come close with the needle and put your forehead in the way.

Rob said...

I'll have the botox, but i am NOT wearing Nike trainers
xx