Wednesday 23 May 2007

Skinny Latte

My worst fears have come to pass - I am now surely a drain on NHS resources. Not only have I been in hospital for approaching three months, had hours of care, physio and occupational therapy, the NHS is now paying for me to drink skinny latte at Starbucks in Wimbledon Village!

Today my Occupational therapy was a trip out into the "community", all part of the rehab process aparently. I chose to go to the supermarket to get something decent to cook ( the cooking bit is tomorrows OT!) and to get something decent to drink. It was 9am, the pubs were shut, I had to make do with Starbucks.

I managed to walk round Tesco's ( it is only a Metro) and then down the high street, into Starbucks and back again. The only hairy moment came when I crossed the road, the little green man had well and truly turned red and the large expensive cars were practically backed up to Putney before I hit the curb on the other side.

Upon our return to the car my OT Nikki said that she thought I had managed very well and perhaps we should do the same trip next week to see if I can improve my speed. I am weighing up if I would feel too guilty about NHS budgets to have cake with my coffee?

1 comment:

Bee said...

Definitely go for the cake option! A slice of Lemon Drizzle is not to be missed.

Big love chica!

xbx