Saturday 19 May 2007

Bionic Woman

Yesterday the physios adopted a new form of attack on my left leg. The limited movement in my ankle and foot is primarily due to the over activity of the muscles in my calf and around my achillies heel. These muscles are in a permenant state of contraction, this basically gives the weak muscles at the front of my ankle little chance of lifting my foot against gravity. (yes, even those few centimeters is against gravity!) So......yesterday saw me sat on gym plinth being wired to a battery pack with sensors attached to my leg. The physio turned a knob, I felt a strange buzz, then as if by magic my foot moved up from the ankle. A very, very strange sensation. This then progressed to another sensor under my heel, so that when my heel left the floor the charge came on and the front of my foot lifts up. Magic. All was good until a change of battery increased the charge and I virtually shot across the room!! If this does not help the next stop is Botox (yep really!)