Saturday 26 May 2007

Home Alone

This is the first weekend that I have come home from The Wolfson to our house rather than mum's - we finally had the bannister's fitted on Thursday. Andrew was working today and behind the back of my physio and pretty much everyone, I have spent the day at home - alone. This is the 1st time I have been on my own in nearly 3 months. It took Andrew some persuading that I would be OK but I was determined to be here alone. I needed to know that I could cope and also wanted some time with just me. 3 months is a long time to have people always around. It was lovely! I had a lie in, in my own bed, watched my own TV and right now the spag bol that I have cooked (all on my own!) is bubbling away on the stove. Yes, I have to use a stick and I limp around - but it is great to be home!



It has also been great to just enjoy things, whilst rehab has helped me enormously, I need time off from talk of "spastic calf muscles" and "wrist range." All new and frightening words.



We have spent the evening in front of the telly with the lap top and after hours of searching found a destination for our holiday next year. We were going to head once again to our spiritual home of Ko Tao but decided that we needed to make a break.... Waiting to hear back re availability, will keep you posted. We need something to look forward to!

No comments: