Saturday 26 May 2007

My mate Marmite







When Mel and I Were travelling some 5 years ago it seemed de rigeur to have a hefty jar of the dark stuff in your back pack ready for those taste challenges down under with its rather poor cousin Mr Vegemite. To be really honest with you I have never really liked the black stuff unless it was mixed with crunchy peanut butter on a piece of toast but this inevitably lead to heartburn. I was never quite sure if it was too much butter, the Marmite or the peanut butter. Anyway.... to cut a long story short the mother in law gave us a jar of Guinness Marmite which I hear is Limited to only 300,000 jars. I know that I`m a bit late on this one, but boy its bloody good. If you were one of those people who hated it first time round , then I bet you will love this. Its my new mate anyway and I think an employee from Waitrose is still selling shrinkwrapped packs of 6 on e-bay for about £35.

No comments: