Friday 1 June 2007

Pointless Pamphlet



Last night I went to our local gym with Andrew and Helen my Physio to set up an exercise programme for my release.It must have looked bizarre. I can hardly walk, yet there I was approaching the cross trainer! Huge swathes of equipment were dismissed as being way above me, others simply had the problem of where to hang ones walking stick whilst using them. ( I can't imagine why the manufacturers had not foreseen this particular issue!)
I now have a programme, although it will take me as long to walk between the equipment as use it!


This morning my calf was injected in 4 places with Botox.It hurt,a lot. I'm sure that smaller needles are used to inject into peoples forehead's, but still, are they mad? The pain was however short lived and now I just have to wait for the toxins to take effect. While waiting I have a lovely leaflet to read. Under the title "Understanding Spasticity and the role of Botulinum Toxin" it has a picture of a lady - in the Lotus position! Who designs these things??? Still if Botox can flatten out your forehead AND get people who can only just walk into the Lotus position it is truly a wonder drug!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

yep, I'm all for Botox. Gyms, on the other hand - no thanks.