Monday 18 June 2007

Food I am dreaming of........



I am lucky, although I am "hospitalised" during the week (although only till Wednesday!!!) I can go home at the weekends. Other's are here full time. The food is terrible. Like, really, really terrible. I have no idea how they expect people to get well on it. Earlier today a few of us sat around talking about foods we miss whilst here and what we would eat RIGHT NOW if we could. The following were loving talked about...

Nutella on toast.
Southern coated "curly fries"
Pink wafer biscuits dunked in hot chocolate.
Roast Chicken.
Big Mac, minus the gherkin.
Banana and sugar sandwich.
Pickled onions.
Tinned Mackerel in mustard sauce.
Pistachio ice cream.

This reminded me of conversations that Andrew and I had about food whilst travelling. After months of rice and curry I developed an extraordinary craving for breaded deep fried garlic mushrooms. The type you get at the Harvester, with dip. I was determined I was going to have some as soon as I got home......needless to say once home the thought of crossing the threshold of a Harvester once again filled me with the proper amount of fear. I wonder how many people will actually be making these "missed foods" part of their celebratory meal upon release?

5 comments:

Silvana said...

But the gherkin is the only good thing about a Big Mac!

Mel said...

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...I argued the point but sadly lost!

Heidi said...

ooh I'd love a Big Mac
but I just had a Pad Thai with Chicken from Thai Pavilion so I'll pass
see you Saturday
xxx

fingers and shandy said...

I can't believe no one missed instant whip, brie and anchovies (not in the same dish of course)

Mel said...

Instant whip?? Steve, I always had you down as such a good cook....!!