Thursday 7 June 2007


Today I have been out and battled with public transport........brave at the best of times, with my current mobility one would have to argue virtually insane. Surprisingly I managed OK with both the bus and the tram, not great and I would not do it on my own for a bit but I did OK. What was however quite worrying and something that I will no doubt have to get used to, was the magnet I was for all the nutters that circulate the transport system once the rush hour is over. Clearly they took one look at me hobbling along, realised that I could not get away and would therefore be perfect to chat to. In the space of a 30 minute bus ride I encountered the following.

A chap who described his motorbike accident - 30 years ago - to me in graphic detail.

Being shown the train route between East Croydon and Brighton on a large map by a large guy with an even larger shopping trolley.

Two people who asked me straight out what was wrong with me (how rude!!)

And my personal favourite......

A gentlemen in purple lensed sunglasses who offered to get me a "high vis yellow jacket". This apparently would be no problem, he has contact's at the council.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I nearly wet myself - this is too good for words. You lucky thing! I'd love a high vis jacket!

Mel said...

I'm sure his contacts would be happy to get us one each!