Thursday 21 June 2007

Bye, Bye Wolfson






We have been quiet on the posting front....I was finally released from the care of the NHS Wednesday lunch time. We have wizzed down to Rye to celebrate and are currently holed up in a suite at The George in Rye. It's amazing to only have to share the room with Andrew, be able to choose the channel on the tv and not hear the drone of electric wheelchairs. Which brings me on to, well, wheelchairs. Clearly I have now used up my portion of NHS funding. The wheelchair they have dispatched me with (top picture) can only be described as a right old bone cruncher. I am also, frankly, embarassed to be seen in it. Whilst out and about in Rye today we spotted four old dears in the same model. I dont mean to seem ungrateful, the NHS have been very good to me but I have an image to protect here! I'm very lucky that I can walk, however the distances I can manage will be short and slow, therfore a decent wheelchair is as important as a good pair of shoes. And its an excuse to shop........ I have spent some time surfing this afternoon and have my eye on a "Street classic". Check it out!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We'll all get them, we just have to retrofit them with fatter wheels so that they can ride on the beach. Then we'll rig them up with some kites and go kitewheelchairing. It's a derivative of kitegliding, kitebuggying or kitelandboarding. You can have a go on my new Beast.

Heidi said...

Oh I forgot, wooo hoooo!!!!! Well done, we look forward to celebrating with you on Saturday, and we'll make some plans.