Monday 2 July 2007

Youve got mail.....



I have done my first days work for exactly 4 months today! Well, kind of. Logged on from the living room and opened my Inbox. Put the kettle on, looked at the screen, made the tea, fed the cats, looked at the screen.......put the kettle on.... my god, they just kept on coming in. I know this was four months worth of emails and a good proportion of the last few weeks was probably spam.... but bloody hell!!!! I had forgotten that morning fear of opening outlook and watching the email roll in. The number of new unread mails rudely highlighted to you, ruining your day before you have started, yesterdays tally of read ( but let's face it unanswered) mail's still fresh on your mind.

Once the server stopped throwing the mail at me I had a dilemma. Hope my colleagues had dealt with urgent matters? Go through line by line?? Send a bulk email to all asking them to contact me if their enquiry had not been dealt with? I made another cup of tea. Then I hit on the brilliant idea of a new folder called "sick". I simply highlighted my Inbox in its entirety and moved it across. Wonderful, a clear Inbox. All those nights I worked late "clearing my Inbox".... what a waste of time.
Inbox dealt with, I put the kettle on and decided to knock off for the day.

2 comments:

Rob said...

I am LOVING your home-working routine...

xx

Mel said...

Its day 4 now. Im still sticking with the original routine........!!!!